It is almost 2 month and a half that I've been introduced to mindfulness. We had a weekly meeting where we had some discussion and also meditation. When I satrt and I saw that we gonna have a meditation, I couldn't get it. I didn't like the idea, never could accept it. Sitting stand still in a room cross legged, come on what are you talking about but I was committed to be one of the members who are going to support the group. Anyway, once is not gonna kill me just this time but it was Okay. Then it becomes a habit in our group at the end of the meeting. It was nice as I could figure out how was my mood, my feeling, my thoughts. That is why I decided to write this blog to share a beneficial experience I have had and made me to continue the practice although our group meeting is over for this semester or maybe for ever which I am going to miss.
Mindfulness is concentrated awareness of one's thoughts, actions or motivations. It is focused on the present moment no past no future, just this moment and this breath and the thoughts that are coming and going. "Mindfulness points to: Being aware of and paying attention to the moment in which we find ourselves. Our past is gone, our future is not yet here. So what exist between them is the present moment."
In the mindfulness practice you preferably close your eyes. You center on your breathe and with each inhale and exhale you feel the flow going through your body. You focus on the breath, on your chest or belly respond to the breathing. For a short while you are with it but after a while your mind wanders around, you can not avid it so just let it go without any judgment or argument. Just notice the thoughts and try to let them go. This may happen hundreds of time, that is the nature of mind just notice it and try to get back to the breathing.
This is the first stage, the other stages are coming after. I have started practicing it every other day. It is a nice one and shows me what my thoughts are, worry, interpretation, judgment and plans and how they are affecting my life. This is an introduction, if you are more interested you can look it up on internet or just drop me a line. I would be happy to help. By the way, here is a link for that, I just found it should go through it myself.
http://www.mindfulness.com/

No comments:
Post a Comment