Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Two pieces of advice

Slim's feedback to my TA work was " I am really happy with your work and I recommend you to the department, you are enthusiastic, punctual and so on but to be honest it is great that you are confident but not too much. I know you're doing great in your field and maybe masterpiece but try to listen more to the people and let them give their opinion. We are not perfect and we need others opinions as well. So try to listen to others idea as well".

He was right, in my talk I didn't let my supervisor, Boualem, to give his idea and he didn't give me time to explain and he would stop me here and there which is his character whenever we have a talk in Applied Math. seminars. So that was a conflict but rather than that I DO agree that I am sometimes too confident. In reply I said "Maybe I am not patient enough" which is a fact with me. Two more things to be changed Maryam, you gotta practice it from now more patient and not too confident. In red as warning. :)

2 comments:

Amir said...

Khoobe...
ma ke nemitoonestim begim...
khoob shod in aghahe goft..

Maryam said...

Yeah, he was right not about confidence though but patience maybe. Everybody has weak and strong parts so we need to recognize them and improve them. Thanks for your comment Amir but it needs clarification or discussion to see how you figure that out, evidence or just ...